Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back in from my rest week. Legs

So I'm back from my week off. During the week off I spent a lot time with my girlfriend and her family. Also actually started flipping again for the past 3 days. It's been a while. lol. Went to skyhigh with my gf and her family yesterday, it was pretty fun. Wish I had more moves to pull on the trampoline. Oh well. So I had a total of about 186 hours away from gym. Yes I calculated it. I'm glad I'm back in the gym. Been packing on a little fat because I haven't been burning up calories due to the rest week. So here's my day.

Warm up:

1 set 45lbs x 10
1 set 95lbs x 10
1 set 135lbs x 10

work set w/2min rest between sets:

Set 1 - 185lbs x 10
Set 2 - 205lbs x 5 drop 135lbs x 5
Set 3 - 185lbs x 5 drop 135lbs x 5
Set 4 - 155lbs x 10 reps

Leg extensions:
plate #55 3xfailure

Calve extensions:
plate #7 3xfailure

Workout lasted from 2:10pm-2:35pm. Felt like throwing up during this workout because I drank a shake I made with milk, 1 scoop ON whey, and  3 oreos about 30-40min pre-workout..it was too creamy.  Also I've been feeling like my squats have been weaker..I'm pushing less weight and I believe it's because I've been going lower and because I had a phase in which I was experimenting with my squats such as doing front squats with back squats on the same day, a day with just front squats, back squats descending pyramid, back squats with drop sets on every set, etc... It's been getting so mixed up I don't even know exactly where my leg strengths truly stand. Lesson learned. But it was good for keeping constant soreness post-leg days and shocking the quads for growth. I think from now on I'm just going to stick with a simple ascending pyramid styled back squat session for leg days. I should film my next leg workout.

Tomorrow is chest!

2 comments: