Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12/17/12 Chest training video

Yesterday was my day back from my "deload" week. Although I didn't do the deload, rather I used it as a rest week. Took about 5-6 days off gym to recover. Came back and hit chest right on a Monday :) I thought I wouldn't be able to lift as much as my last chest session only because usually whenever I come back from a  deload/rest week I tend to go lighter as a warm welcoming. I actually went from 85lbs incline db press for 4 x 4 to 4 x 5 and my 185lbs for 4 x 4 went up to 190lbs for 5, 5, 4, 4. I finished up my chest workout with one set of dips today. Haven't done weighted dips in a while so decided to toss them in and see where I'm at with them. Was happy I was able to rep 90lbs nine times even after hitting heavy sets(heavy for me, might not be for you) on incline and flat. Also as you'll see in the video I make sure that the db or barbell always taps/touches my chest before I push it back up and that I go beyond that 90 degree half range bend. I'm a firm believer that full range of motion = more muscle fibers = more gains. The session was pretty short because I had to take my girlfriend home. Overall, great chest day. Going to keep making progress and keep you guys updated. IIFYM(If it fits your macros) video coming soon. No weight gain so far. Still at 146lbs. And for those wondering my height, it's 5'5".





Current Split:
Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Legs & Abs
Day 4: Arms
Day 5: Rest
& Repeats.

After 3 cycles of the 5 day split(every 15 days), I take 5 consecutive days off. Then start again. The goal for each session is to increase either the weight or the amount of reps done for an exercise. In other words, progressive overload. I have been able to make consistent progress in terms of strength each session so I've been pretty happy. :) Just trying to beat myself each session and cycle. Hope everyone else's fitness or life journey is going well!


No comments:

Post a Comment